Wednesday, December 16, 2009

ODE TO 2009

Young boy climbing the string of a heart balloon

2009 is almost history, and inevitably I sit and wonder whether this year will be remembered by the generation who follow in our footsteps.

The world has lost Michael Jackson, a music legend.

8 December 2009 marked 29 years since John Lennon was shot and killed outside his apartment in Manhatten. This very same day also marked 40 years since John Lennon and Yoko Ono launched their ' War is Over' campaign.

We were shocked by confessions of celebrities and our own rugby hero. Through this I again realized and accepted that I too am far from perfect.

As I crawl, often frustrated, through the maze of unfinished roadworks, I stand in awe with pride when I look at our very own 2010 stadium and think of the other 2010 developments in our City and sprinkled across South Africa. In my heart I know that we will show the world that we can make a success of the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Our family attended Rudi's celebration of Life. A special cousin, who taught us all how to live in the moment.

Morgan joined our family, which makes me a great aunt x 2 and Kent celebrated his third birthday. Our Papa moved in with me, which brought new responsibilities - no more popcorn for dinner.

My two wonderful nephews, who are both awesome young men, go from strength to strength. Simon continues to manage a thriving pub in Brighton and Pete is a Director at his company. I wear the aunt badge with goosebump inducing pride.

As I sit here I suddenly realize that, this year, I have passed two cancer tests with flying colours, I am fast heading towards my 3rd cancerversary on 15 January 2010 and my 50th birthday follows shortly afterwards on 31 January 2010. If anyone would have presented me with this picture 3yrs ago I would have never believed is possible. This is a true 'cosmic-wink'.

I continued with my quest of educating myself on all things foodie/healthy and fill my life with healthy habits such as yoga, meditation, beach walks, etc.

I bought a camera and now consider myself a photographer in training.

I started this blog to share my 'good-health' passion and tweet with tweople all over the globe.

I explored our wonderful City and surrounds and met many new colourful people, who crossed my path and truly enriched my life. I made a new best friend. We are soul-sisters and definitely have a connection from past lives.

I continued to wade through many books and explored words like soul, divine, spirituality, inner power, thoughts become things, Buddha, God, etc.

It was again confirmed to me that I have a personal team of Guardian Angels, who are working directly with me to keep me safe, healthy and on track with my soul's karma and purpose. With their help I have no reason to feel lost, afraid or concerned.

And, as we head towards our Papa's 90th birthday and 'the greatest showpiece on earth' I know that 2010 will 'rock' for our family. I have found my true self, my divine spark - I feel gutsy, healthier than ever, powerful, playful and ready to meet my chunk of 2010 head on.

Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubman

Peace 'n whirlpools of luv
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment