Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAVE A SPOOKYFULL HALLOWEEN SATURDAY

Vinyl Ready Art - Holidays

Trick or Treat

Today is such a gorgeous summers day heading for a balmy evening. Can't wait to see all the neighbourhood kiddies in their Halloween costumes.

My rules for life (in no particular order)

  • have no regrets
  • live in the now
  • take beach walks
  • don't judge
  • giggle often
  • put aside me time
  • read and learn
  • be kind
  • don't dwell on the past
  • be positive
  • do and experience everything with passion
  • stay close to your family
  • work hard
  • don't take life too seriously
  • appreciate your friends
  • promote peace
  • eat your veggies
  • learn from your pups
  • be grateful
  • be thankful for your life
  • do outrageous things more often
  • wear a bright turquoise hat
  • swim often
  • spoil yourself

What are your rules for life?

Last night's dinner

Baked butternut, spinach and red kidney beans, basmati rice and I turned the last of the cauliflower, carrots and broccoli into a super raw salad sprinkled with sunflower, sesami and pumpkin seeds with a squeeze of lemon juice.

Spinach 'n Red Kidney Beans

  • onion, chopped
  • garlic, chopped
  • chilli (lot's to give it kick!)
  • spinach, chopped
  • parsley
  • red kidney beans
  • olive oil
  • lemon juice
  • himalayan salt and black pepper

What to do;

  • sauté onion, garlic and chilli in olive oil
  • add chopped spinach and parsley and simmer until almost wilted
  • add red kidney beans salt and pepper and simmer for another couple of minutes
  • add lemon juice and enjoy with Basmati rice

Today I am grateful for;

  • the delish lunch at Manf 'n Kathy's - as always very special
  • the fabulous selection of fresh veggies we bought this morning
  • the weekend
  • the green tea I am sipping and my pups at my feet while I am writing this post

Quote

"The natural force within each one of us is the greatest healer of all diseases" - Hippocrates

New book arrived last night from Kalahari.net

Some instructions on writing and life - Anne Lamott

Thought I should start educating myself about writing BEFORE I start my book. I have a habit of diving into things without reading instructions. So, this time I am doing it right.

Wisdom Card Reading

I am a harmonious being. I am in harmony with all of the people, places, and things that surround me in this world. I am at peace.

Eat berries, drink vino and dance 'dervishly'...

Peace 'n whirlpools of luv

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment