Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WEDNESDAY IN THE KITCHEN

One of my serious passions is nutrition. So, for today a quick 'n easy recipe with enough cancer fighting ooooomph to kick cancer right off our rockin' planet.

A scrummy-yummy dish for all you creative Goddesses out there.

Caullie in Tomatoeeee Sauce
one whole cauliflower with the leaves
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
tomato paste
crushed garlic
chopped onion
handful of black olives
capers (optional)
dash of cayenne pepper or chillies
black pepper
salt

- saute onion till translucent
- add tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, cayenne pepper or chillies, salt and black pepper.

Simmer the above until the sauce has reached a thickish consistency. Around 1/2 an hour normally does the trick.

- add olives and the whole cauliflower

and simmer until the cauliflower is cooked. This dish keeps really well and can be warmed up without creating too much damage.

It is important to use a pot that is just slightly bigger than the cauliflower so that it stands in the sauce. The sauce should not cover more than the bottom half of the cauliflower. In other words the top of the cauliflower steams in the pot and is not covered by the sauce.

This is megalicious as a side dish or a main with a green salad.

Exploring Raw Foods and their Healing Properties
Another thing I love doing is reading about the success seriously ill people have had in reversing their illnesses through a mostly raw food diet.

I love books by Natalia Rose BUT my current favourite is Rawlicious by Peter and Beryn Daniel. It is hugely informative, the recipes are simple and there is plenty of advice regarding equipment required and how to incorporate raw food into your life. It's simple, down to earth and basic. What could be more natural!

There's an easy way to start............ substitute dinner party snacks (chips, peanuts, etc) with this Superfood Trail Mix - courtesy of Peter and Beryn's book.

Walk to your local health shop and purchase the following;

- goji berries
- cacao nibs
- raisins
- brazil nuts
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds

Measure one cup of each and mix well. Store in a glass container and enjoy a handful when you feel nibbly - you will be surprised how good it tastes.

The above power-house ingredients are good for the immune system, give you energy, a good source of Vitamin E, Omega oils and the brazil nuts reduce cancer risk.

Enjoy!

Today I am grateful for;

- my job
- Toffee 'n Shinga
- the sun rising earlier each day
- my friends
- candlelight
- my hair
- jasmine infused green tea

A magic message I received from the Universe (TUT) some time ago;

You know what makes the darkest times bearable, Anita?

Remembering that it's all an illusion - in a dreamed up world - where angels earn their wings - thoughts dress up as things and that 'somewhere back home' you lie safely in bed - in the palm of my hand - snuggled up tight with some big, fluffy stuffed animal.

Nice wings
The Universe

Wisdom card reading (Louise Hay)

I love being me.
I no longer judge or criticize myself.
I am free to love who I am.

May your day be wicked!

Peace 'n whirlpools of luv
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment