Sunday, October 25, 2009

SUNDAY STUFF

Chef holding a pizza

Good to know

I recently found out that some of our pizza chains (Col'Caccio, St Elmo's and Balducci's) use cheese made from non-animal rennet which is rBST-hormone free on their vegetarian pizza's. Yay!!! I don't have to feel guilty when I indulge in the occasional pizza.

Yummy pizza style bread I tried this weekend

  • french loaf
  • basil pesto
  • mozzarella, sliced
  • tomatoes, thinly sliced
  • salt 'n pepper

Preheat oven to 180 C, cut 2 cm slits into the loaf being careful not to cut right through. Place a dollop of pesto, slice of tomato and slice of mozzarella into each slit. Season, wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes to crisp the bread. You could probs substitute the mozzarella with camembert or brie.

A nifty dinner party snack idea

Fry a packet of ravioli in olive oil until crispy and serve with dips of your choice.

Fun tomato treat for your skin - great tingly firmness

Blend tomatoes with a little lemon juice and pat onto your skin. Rub gently over you skin for a few seconds and then rinse off with tepid water. Instant Glow!

The lowdown on tomatoes

Low in kilojoules and fat, tomatoes are cholesterol-free and an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre. Rich in vitamins A, C and E, tomatoes help to combat free radicals, which can cause cell damage that leads to heart disease and cancer. Cooked tomatoes are one of the best sources of lycopene, one of nature's most powerful antioxidants. This is the one vegetable that is more healthy cooked than raw because, in cooking, the tomato's water evaporates, concentrating the lycopene, so that our bodies are more able to absorb it. Tomatoes also contain potassium, calcium and other mineral salts and trace elements.

Be creative with tomatoes try Bloody Mary Lollipops

  • 8 ripe tomatoes
  • 250ml tomato juice
  • 200ml vodka
  • 30ml lime juice
  • 20ml horseradish cream
  • 50ml Worcestershire sauce

Blend all the ingredients until smooth. Pour mixture into 6 cups and stand a wooden stick in the middle. Freeze until hard. Unmould and toss over some celery curls and sprinkle with black pepper.

Today I am grateful for;

  • yesterday evenings Skype with Peter, Janine, Kent and Morgan
  • J Lee Trading Company in town - 5 kitchen sponges for R5-. Such a pleasure to shop there.
  • Fabulous, special, long lazilicious Saturday lunch and vino with my friend Joan. We can just talk, laugh and cry forever..... thank you Joan.

A message for my dearest Kent

Just one more Happy Birthday wish for yesterday my special one. You must have a safe, healthy and adventurous year. I know our Universe will keep you safe and well throughout your long and wonderful life. 'Nita is so proud of you and you are always in my thoughts and prayers. Luv u (((xxx))).

Wisdom Card Reading (Louise L Hay)

I feel the bounce in my step. I see my shining eyes. The radiant me is right here. I claim it now. I am healthy and filled with energy.

Fun quote

I've never seen a butterfly in a hurry. - Mooch from Mutt's comics.

Have a super, sassy peace-filled Sunday.

Peace 'n whirlpools of luv

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment